January 2, 2014 portfolio
WHAT TO EXPECT, WHEN WORSHIPPING WITH US!
Where: 304 Cane Creek Road, Jackson, TN 38301
When: 8:00am Sunday Worship
7:00 pm Wednesday Life Application
Music & Worship Style:
At Cane Creek, Worship is premium! No one sits down! Expect to hear a blended style of music that crosses denominational, racial, and cultural lines and creates a moving experience of celebratory praise and meditative worship.
In order to provide the best worship experience to everyone, we ask families with young children to take advantage of Perfected Praise (0-24 months) and Generation Changers (ages 3-12), our Children's Ministries. Every Sunday, your child can experience God's love through creative, funRead More
October 22, 2013 blog
- Probably one of the greatest college coaches was John Wooden. Coach Wooden coached at UCLA and won many national championships but the thing which stands out to me was his disposition on the bench during the game. Coach Wooden gave little or no instructions during the game because he felt that the game was the execution of what was discussed in practice. Coach Wooden had trained and taught his players in practice every possible scenario that may occur in the game. Once the game started the pace was too fast to train, too fast to teach and he allowed their successes or failures in the game to either show them how prepared or unprepared they were in the game. It important that you set under your coach(Apostle,Pastor) during the training classes because something is being discussed toRead More
October 17, 2013 blog
- Many years ago a father would inquire of a young man who was dating his daughter "what is your intent towards my daughter"?. The father wanted to know what is the true intent? Why are you courting my daughter? From the position of father he felt obligated to protect his daughter against a wrong intent. The daughter's eyes sometimes was in the wrong place and could not see the faults lodged deep down in the young man and sometimes even the young men who are dating women are unaware of their true intent. The word of our God states in Hebrews that God knows the intents of our heart. Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of theRead More
October 15, 2013 blog
And if thy brother, an Hebrew man, or an Hebrew woman, be sold unto thee, and serve thee six years; then in the seventh year thou shalt let him go free from thee. 13 And when thou sendest him out free from thee, thou shalt not let him go away empty: 14 Thou shalt furnish him liberally out of thy flock, and out of thy floor, and out of thy winepress: of that wherewith the Lord thy God hath blessed thee thou shalt give unto him. 15 And thou shalt remember that thou wast a bondman in the land of Egypt, and the Lord thy God redeemed thee: therefore I command thee this thing to day.
This scripture deals primarily with the release of a debt that someone who does not have the ability to pay. A slave or a servant was not to be released empty handed. Part of redeeming is notRead More
October 10, 2013 blog
- What is a legacy? A legacy is something handed down by a predecessor. A legacy assist in establishing the next generation. Some legacies are negative but for the most part they carry a positive connotation. One of the most powerful thing that Jesus did was the establishing of legacies. When he gave his life at Calvary he handed down unconditional love, amazing grace, and unending mercy. He established a legacy called "come see" when he changed the life of the woman at the well of Samaria. He established a legacy called " I can see clearly now" when he healed the blind man. He established a legacy called " he is risen" to women that came to the empty tomb. What is the mark of his legacy in your life? Will you tell someone to come see or he is risen or even share with someone howRead More
October 8, 2013 blog
- What is a heart attack? A heart attack occurs when blood flow to a part of your heart is blocked for a long enough time that part of the heart muscle is damaged or dies. The heart works hard to carry blood through the body to the major organs. A heart attack can shut down the entire body. The signs of a heart attack are: shortness of breathe, discomfort in the upper body, and chest pains. The soul is called the heart in the bible because of the thoughts that run through the mind, will, and emotions. Like the arteries in the body the soul can be blocked up by sin and sin shuts down the reservoir of revelation which flows from the Holy Spirit. The signs of a blocked soul are: jealousy,hatred, bitterness, and a critical spirit. Allow God to do surgery on your soul as a preventiveRead More
October 3, 2013 blog
- Vision is something we do not miss until we can not see things as clearly as we once did. We are unable to read road signs at the distance that we once comfortably read them and it takes longer to focus on things up close. These are the early signs of vision change. Jesus linked vision with understanding in this parable in Mark's gospel. "Mark 4:12-13 That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them. 13 And he said unto them, Know ye not this parable? and how then will ye know all parables?" A parable is a Kingdom of God view of things using something from our natural world. The purpose of a parable is to correct the perception of a personRead More
October 1, 2013 blog
Many people get into trouble because they have a lapse in judgement and through this lapse in judgement they make bad decisions. I have discussed with people over the years that acknowledge that they knew they were wrong but performed the error anyway. God aways speaks prior to our decision. We must be responsible enough to repeat it to ourselves. True wealth is in our hearing the word of God on every life decision. We should consider that since God gave me life; should not I value his opinion on that life decision. It is imperative that we maintain healthy hearing as we approach each day. Ask God to order your steps and then listen with healthy ears to his cadence.
Jesus Is The Christ
September 26, 2013 blog
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings as eagles;
they shall run, and not be weary;
and they shall walk, and not faint.
We should study the importance of patience. Patience is a fruit of the spirit and by understanding this virtue you then can gain assess to the things that God have preserved just for you. The eagle has very strong eyesight and can see a rabbit moving on the ground a mile away and can see a fellow eagle up to 50 miles away. The eagle strong eyesight allows him to exercise patience because he sees his target or objective miles away. The spiritual eyesight we possess through faith allows us to observe what God has preserved for us before we actually experienceRead More
September 24, 2013 blog
- I remember feeling deprived when my parents would not allow me to go to a club, a ballgame, or a friend's home. I felt as though I would be missing an opportunity to have fun and I resented their decision, It has taken time and God to reveal to me that the feeling of being deprived came through my flesh which is contacting this present world. A deprived feeling is a thought of entitlement . Adam and Eve felt entitled to the one tree which was off limit; they felt not eating from that particular tree would caused them to feel deprived. The next time that you feel deprived measure it by the benefit it will bring. My parents were really protecting me through discipline, but through my flesh I was being told I was being deprived. God was protecting Adam and Eve through discipline but theRead More